Architectural & Systems Design Award
- Michael Tomordy, Associate Director, Technology and Security Consulting Practice, Arup – for leading Arup’s design team for its engagement for the design and integration of the IT, Security and Operational Systems for projects across Asia such as Beijing and Hyderabad’s new airports.
Business Development Award
- Peter Barge, Asia Pacific Chairman, Jones Lang LaSalle / Board of Directors, Sandalwood – for his leadership role in the establishment of Sandalwood, a retail joint venture partnership between Jones Lang LaSalle and Colonial First State Property Management.
Corporate Facility Leader Award
- Brian Crockford, Program & Operations Manager, Microsoft Corp. – for establishing outstanding programmes that added value to the business and were adopted internationally.
Environmental Performance Award
- Jenny Yeung, Facilities Manager, JP Morgan/Cushman & Wakefield – for implementing energy saving programmes representing a reduction of green house gases by some 3,500 tons and achieving dollar savings of US$513,000.
Excellence in Facilities Management Award
- Graham Tier, Manager, Property Operations and Maintenance - for outstanding operation and maintenance of the Hong Kong Jockey Club’s property portfolio, including the seamless completion, commissioning and the were completed, commissioned, operation and maintenance of the Hong Kong Olympic Equestrian venues.
Industry Champion Award
- Nick & Margaret Brooke, Chairman & CEO, Professional Property Services – for their commitment to excellence in Urban Planning and Design and their ongoing and irrepressible civic responsibility, particularly in respect of the harbour and shoreline redevelopment.
Landmark Project Achievement Award
- Cynthia Chan, National Director, Head of PDS Shanghai, JLL Shanghai – for project managing the construction of Mattel’s worldwide first, flagship five-storey House of Barbie in Shanghai.
Project Manager of the Year
- David Yau, Deputy General Manager, PM 1 Department, Henderson Land – for juggling multiple projects in varied locations such as Hangli Bayview in Guangzhou, The Beverly Hills and The Shining Heights in Hong Kong.
Real Estate Investment Award
- Christiaan van Beek, Head of Derivatives, GFI Colliers – for pioneering the field of Real Estate Derivatives in Asia. Perhaps his most newsworthy deal of the year was the first long-dated Asian OTC property derivative option trade in Hong Kong between Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers Global Real Estate Group.
Real Estate Strategy Award
- Martin Kaye, CEO, Millennium Group – for purchasing and securing planning approval for two of the largest resort projects in Asia located in the Gulf of Thailand.
Real Estate Transactions Award
- Francis Quah, Head of Investment, Zerin Properties – for successfully concluding the sale of the Intercontinental Hanoi, Vietnam during the peak of the sub prime crisis.
Transformational Project Leader Award
- Paul Liu, Chairman, Axons Concepts – for spearheading the conversion of a 35,000 sqm abattoir in Shanghai into a unique mixed-use development.
- Greg Pearce, Managing Director, One Space – for leading a two-stage design transformation that propels HSBC’s iconic regional headquarters building at One Queen’s Road Central into the 21st century.